French beaded Lucky Bamboo kit and class (pdf & video)
Kit & Class – French beaded Lucky Bamboo
Colorway: Dark Green
About this project:
This Lucky Bamboo project appeared in my first book “Bead Flora: the Revival of French Beaded Flowers. The pattern is exactly the same but I have altered some instructions slightly and changed some assembly methods.
Level: Beginner – this course will walk you step-by-step on making this Lucky Bamboo and no prior experience is necessary. You will gain the foundational knowledge for making French beaded flowers.
Information on how to access the PDF & Videos will be included in the Kit.
What’s in the kit:
- 2 hanks 11/0 dark green seed beads
- 10 grams 11/0 amber (light orange) seed beads
- 30 feet 24-gauge green copper-core wire
- 38 feet 30-gauge green copper-core wire
- 3 dowels at 7, 6, & 5 inch (17.7, 15.2, & 12.7 cm)
- Green floral tape (roll)
Potting materials are NOT included in the kit. What you will need for potting:
- pot of choice
- clay (air dry clay or non-hardening clay)
- acrylic water (resin) – optional
- small pebbles
For potting, we will use clay and pebbles. If you want to make it more permanent, you can also use acrylic water which is resin. You do not have to purchase everything now. You can wait until the lesson to decide if that’s the route you’d like to go. Generally, if you are not giving it as a gift, skipping the resin is fine. But if you don’t want your recipients to have the ability to uproot your Bamboo, you may want to consider this.
· Clay – there isn’t really a wrong type of clay for this. You can use Crayola modeling clay or non-hardening clay. You even use a flour salt dough. The one thing to consider when using non-hardening clay or clay that will dry is you want your piece to be permanent.
· Pebbles – you can purchase small pebbles at the Dollar Store, craft stores, or Amazon.
· Acrylic Water (2 part resin) – any type of 2 part resin will work. It doesn’t have to be advertised as acrylic water. There are some brands of advertised as acrylic water but they are resin.
|Dimensions||9 × 6 × 1 in|