The Lunar New Year is coming up (Feb 1) and I am sharing with you a project and full tutorial from my latest book, “Bead Flora: French beaded Branches in Bloom” for beaded kumquat.
Kumquats and mandarin oranges are displayed as Lunar New Year decoration because it signifies prosperity. I paired it with a few citrus blossoms. The pattern is also from my book.
- 45 Grams 11/0 orange seed beads
- 60 grams 11/0 green seed beads
- 26 gauge gold copper-core wire
- 24 gauge green copper-core wire
- 26 gauge green copper-core wire
- 2 lengths of 16 gauge stem wire
- Green floral tape
- Wire Cutters
- Chain nose pliers
Make one pattern for a simple display or double it for a fuller effect.
Watch Full tutorial: